Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sideways


Genre: Drama/Comedy
Director: Alexander Payne
Year Released: 2004
Run Time: 126 mins

Story: Two friends travel, play golf, taste wine for a week of fun to celebrate one of the friends last few days of freedom before he gets married.

Response: I always thought this film looked boring, I mean half of it is about wine which I know nothing about. I really enjoyed this film. It is simple and the dialogue and characters are strong. I find it easy to slip into and simply enjoy. Miles is quite a deep character and Jack seems easy to understand and fun but he too is quite deep. It is interesting to hear them talk about wine as Miles seems to know a lot about it. Sideways is a clever film and the comedy is rich in a few places I just couldn't stop laughing.

Rating: Great

No comments:

Post a Comment