Saturday, August 22, 2009

Psycho

Genre: Horror, Thriller
Director: Alfred Hitchcock
Year Released: 1960
Run Time: 109 mins

Story:
Psycho's story involves a young women who steals a large amount of money from her job and goes on the run. She then stops at a little hotel to stay the night and things get a little creepy.

Response: Psycho pretty much invented slasher films and it's still the best slasher I have ever seen. It really hasn't aged a day like many of HItchcock's classics. I did like this film a little more the first time as the suspense then was a little higher than the second time when I knew what was coming.

I really love the ending those last few shots, with that evil looking smile. It's also quite an easy film to slip into and flows very well. It's one of the best horror films and still manages to be reasonably scary compared to other more modern horrors, apart from the decent. One scene I will even say scares the shit out of me for about 5 whole seconds (so it's not just a frightening split second that makes you jump), which really doesn't happen to much to me. It's in my view perfect in it's feel and flow.

Rating: Top Films

No comments:

Post a Comment