Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bambi

Genre: Disney Animation
Director: David Hand
Year released: 1942
Run Time: 70 mins

Story: Bambi is a film about a young deer that grows up in the forest, we follow a portion of his life.

Response: Bambi is a good film no doubt about it, however I believe it could have been better. I think Bambi could have improved in the writing of the characters, each character in the film seems only to have a portion of a soul compared with the other Disney Classic films. In the film Bambi is not a fully developed character, as we have not really seen him do to much apart from learn about life in a naive way. His mother is kind and gentle and speaks softly but what else can you say about her, Bambi's father is hardly in the film and the rest of the forest animals aside from the owl, share personalities. No character in the film seems an individual, maybe that was the point to me it seemed like a flaw. For me I view Bambi in a different light it is more of an amazing montage with great music than a film. It has some wonderful scenes, with wonderful drawings and the music is icing on the cake, it just lacks in it's strength of characters. The rain drop scene is outstanding and is easily my favorite scene. All the talk of Bambi's mother dying being so sad didn't seem to me to be true, if it had not skipped straight to spring and being happy and had let time for emotion to set in then I would have been more sad. All in all I am not disappointed as it didn't really do anything wrong, just a few things not right.

Rating: Good

No comments:

Post a Comment