Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Godfather

(not in B/W)
Genre: Crime
Director: Francis Ford Coppola
Year Released: 1972
Run time: 175 mins

Story: The Godfather is about the rising and falling of the Corleone family a high class mafia family. The story covers mainly Don Corleone and his son Michael.


Response: Kane or Godfather it is a popular argument, fuck it I don't know I like the Godfather a little more but Kane is about equal if I rated it on a critical level, who cares it doesn't matter. Every scenes sheds a light of brilliance that cover every aspect in film ranging from plot, dialogue, camera, acting you name it it has got it. It makes me shiver, applaud and be jaw dropped around every turn and never ever lets up. I love all the scenes. Brando is brilliant and creates a character that can never be reenacted successfully. The film has a certain class to it, you seem to respect each frame the same way you respect Don Corleone. An the amazing music sets the whole Godfather tone to the film it is like the icing on the cake. If I was to pick one film that was the best of all time I would chose either Kane or The Godfather. It's not just good it is Godfather good.

Rating: Top films

No comments:

Post a Comment