Saturday, August 22, 2009

Casablanca

Genre: Drama, Romance and everything else
Director: Michael Curtiz
Year Released: 1942
Run Time: 102 mins

"Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
Croupier: Your winnings, sir."
Story: Casablanca is a story about Rick who own a Gin Joint as he calls it in a great scene. One day an old lover of Rick's walks into his joint and scars surface.

Response: I really do not know how I did not like this film the first time. Casablanca is a film were every character is amazing even the very small ones. I love the story and adore the famous ending. Bogart is in probably his best performance and Ingrid Bergman masters her role as well.

Casablanca is perfect, there is nothing I don't like about it. I find
it so easy to watch, I love the dialogue, the music, story, acting, writing, the relationships established even the cinematography is really good in some scenes, simply put its amazing. It's hailed as one of the best romances, which it is but it's more than just a romance, it has some quite funny moments in it (like the quote above) and somehow manages to be a deep and light mood film at the same time. It flows so well and hasn't aged a day, I love it more and more each time and don't think I will ever get tired of the story.

Rating: Top Films

No comments:

Post a Comment